Information regarding using third party certified companies for your fire extinguisher maintenance requirements.
If you are specifying a BAFE registered company to provide maintenance services on your fire extinguishers, approved companies will be third party certified from one of the nine UKAS accredited certification bodies licensed to deliver the BAFE Competency of Portable Fire Extinguisher Organisations and Technicians SP101 scheme:
• BSI (British Standards Institution)
• Certification International (UK) Ltd
• IEC (Independent European Certification Ltd)
• Alcumus ISOQAR
• LPCB (Loss Prevention Certification Board)
• NQA (National Quality Assurance)
• NSI (National Security Inspectorate)
• Sira Certification Ltd
• SSAIB (Security Systems Alarm Inspection Board)
Alongside the company being audited to achieve BAFE SP101 registration, all BAFE registered technicians affiliated with a SP101 company are assessed and have all passed the exam ‘Theory and practice of servicing portable fire extinguishers in accordance with the requirements of BS 5306 Parts 3 and 8’ with ongoing refreshers and assessments every three years. This therefore provides evidence of their competency to provide these services and shows you have acted with due diligence in finding providers for this work.