BAFE® Latest News
Site Operating Procedures Version 6 Now Available
Tuesday 20th October 2020
Information Published 20/10/2020
The Construction Leadership Council (CLC) have published Version 6 of the Site Operating Procedures document.
Information from Construction Leadership Council (20/10/2020):
Site Operating Procedures Update – Version 6 now available
The Site Operating Procedures have been updated to reflect recent changes in Government guidance. Whilst there are no significant changes to social distancing requirements on sites, the Construction Leadership Council (CLC) has taken the opportunity to streamline the Site Operating Procedures whilst maintaining the familiar format.
Changes to the Site Operating Procedures – Version 6 include:
- Current requirements such as social distancing are referenced on page 1 making it easier to update in future
- The CLC statement on The Use of Face Coverings is included
- Updated guidance on shielding, self-isolation, testing and what to do if a worker develops COVID-19 symptoms or has to self-isolate
- Confirmation that canteens serving food must display an NHS QR Code
- The wording has been reviewed throughout to reflect the fact that social distancing is no longer exceptional, and that in some key areas Government has published more detailed guidance or updated terminology.
Cases of coronavirus are increasing across all four nations, and sites are urged to remind the workforce of the importance of social distancing outside of work, in order to protect themselves and others and help keep construction sites open.
Version 6 can be found here (via CLC):
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue is advising businesses to review fire risk assessments Thursday 26th March 2020
Home Office informs the FIA about Key Worker status of fire safety personnel Monday 23rd March 2020
Find a BAFE® Registered Company
Legal obligations nationwide require the appointed responsible person for fire safety for commercial/non-domestic premises to have adequate fire protection.