Complaints must be provided in writing to BAFE and supported by whatever evidence is available (photographs/documentation). This can be provided via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on the complaint, these will be dealt with in different ways:
- If a complaint is regarding a scheme operated by one of our approved Certification Bodies this will firstly be forwarded onto them for review. These are the bodies that will have assessed their competency using the BAFE Scheme criteria and BAFE will monitor their progress dealing with this investigation.
- If it applies to the Competency of Portable Fire Extinguisher Organisations and Technicians (BAFE Scheme no. SP101) this will be investigated by BAFE directly.
Complaints and our procedures are covered by:
- The work of the BAFE staff - Our ISO9001 certification (ISO 9001 Quality Management certificated by BSI under certificate number FS517730)
- The activities of BAFE Registered Companies in respect to the requirements of the schemes to which they are registered - The relevant scheme document
- Misuse of BAFE logos by registered or, more often, non-registered companies - UK law and Trading Standards.
Back to FAQs