0844 335 0897* | info@bafe.org.uk

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a complaint?

All complaints must be in writing to BAFE and supported by whatever evidence is available.


Depending on the complaint, these will be dealt with in different ways.


If a complaint is regarding a scheme operated by one of our approved Certification Bodies this will firstly be forwarded onto them for review.


If it applies to the Contract Maintenance of Portable Fire Extinguishers incorporating Registered Fire Extinguisher Service Technicians’ SP101/ST104 this will be investigated by BAFE and the findings will be reported back to the originator.


Complaints and our procedures are covered by:


  • The work of the BAFE staff -  our ISO9001 certification 
  • The activities of BAFE Registered Companies in respect to the requirements of the schemes to which they are registered  - The relevant scheme document
  • Misuse of BAFE logos and its Trademarks by registered or, more often, non-registered companies - UK law and Trading Standards.


Complaints and the reporting of logo/Trademark misuse is confidential and your identity will remain anonymous.


For contact details please visit the contact us page.


Back to FAQs

What is BAFE?

If you require fire protection services for your premises use BAFE.

Read More

Fire safety for your business

Are you aware of your fire safety responsibilities?

Read More

Specifier or Buyer?

The BAFE guide for specifiers and buyers

Read More