0844 335 0897* | info@bafe.org.uk

Frequently Asked Questions

I have just employed a 'BAFE registered extinguisher technician' - how do I register them to my company?

BAFE registered SP101 fire extinguisher technicians are only BAFE registered to the company they have been originally registered with.


If you are a BAFE registered company with the Competency of Portable Fire Extinguisher Organisations and Technicians (SP101) scheme you will need to complete a Technician Application Form and send to info@bafe.org.uk to add this technician to your company.


If you are not a BAFE registered company with the SP101 scheme, then the technician is no longer BAFE registered and cannot complete fire extinguisher work under the BAFE scheme.


Download Technician Application Form


Back to FAQs

Where do I begin with fire safety for my building?

Legal obligations nationwide require the appointed responsible person for fire safety for commercial/non-domestic premises to have adequate fire protection.

Read More

Don't just Specify, Verify!

When sourcing help, make sure you specify competent fire safety providers and verify their Third Party Certification is appropriate and valid for the work required.

Read More

Coronavirus Latest News

Latest information issued by BAFE regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19).

Read More